ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Artis Finance Group Holdings Limited and its subsidiary Fidem Insurance Limited (collectively “Artis”, “Fidem”, “we” or “us”) are committed to safeguarding Personal Information (“PI”). This Privacy Notice sets out the PI collected by us, the purposes for which PI is collected and processed, who it may be disclosed to as well as Individuals’ Rights.
For further information please read this Privacy Notice in full to explore our handling of PI that is most relevant to your relationship with us.
In addition, our Cookie Notice applies to any person visiting the Fidem or any of Artis’ Websites
Last updated: 14 April 2022
These terms and conditions (Terms) explain how you may use this website and any of its content (Site). These Terms apply between Artis Finance Limited (Artis, we or our) and you, the person accessing the Site and the person on whose behalf you are doing so.
Fidem Insurance Limited is a company incorporated under the laws of Guernsey with company registration number 69284. It is registered with the Guernsey Financial Services commission with reference 2737611. Our registered office is: Town Mills, Rue du Pré, GY1 6HS, Guernsey. It is part of a group of companies whose ultimate parent is Artis Finance Group Holdings Limited.
Use of the Site
Your use of the Site is subject to these Terms:
• We make no promise that the Site is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the UK. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK, you acknowledge you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws where they apply.
• Information or opinions contained on this Site do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation or offer to buy, any securities or financial instruments or investment advice or any advice or recommendation in respect of such securities or other financial instruments.
• We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with these Terms or any applicable law.
• By continuing to use our Site, you agree to follow our Acceptable Use Policy
Registration and password security
• Use of the Site may require registration, particularly in order to access restricted areas of the Site.
• We are not obliged to permit anyone to register with the Site and we may refuse, terminate or suspend registration to anyone at any time.
• You are responsible for making sure that your password and any other account details are kept secure and confidential
• If we have reason to believe there is likely to be a breach of security of misuse of the Site through your account or the use of your password, we may notify you and require you to change your password, or we may suspend or terminate your account
Intellectual Property Rights
• All intellectual property rights in the Site (including but not limited to the copyright, trademarks and any designs or content on the Site) are owned by us
• We reserve all our intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world. This means, for example, that we remain the owners of them and are free to use them as we see fit.
• Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site or the content other than as necessary for you to access it. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices on the Site or the content (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site or content.
Our Liability and Disclaimers
The following clauses exclude or limit our legal liability for the Site. You should read them carefully. They all apply only as far as the law permits.
• Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, currency, availability, correctness and completeness of the information contained on the Site, information is provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis and we do not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind, whether express or implied.
• The use of the Site is at your sole risk.
• We shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising as a result of your use of or reliance on the information contained on the Site to the extent permitted by law.
• We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be available and meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of date and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
• We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third-party software that may be used in connection with the Site.
• We are not liable if we fail to comply with these Terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control
• No one other than us or you has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
The Site security has been enhanced to stand in line with industry best practice standard but it is important that you update your system with the latest anti-virus signatures and security patches, and that you use anti-spyware software and a personal firewall. However, we accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of the Site (including the downloading of any content from it) or any other site referred to on the Site.
• We may change these Terms from time to time. Our updated Terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. . It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations. .
• If a provision of these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in full force and effect.
• If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these Terms would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part shall be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the clause shall continue with full force and effect.
• Nothing under these Terms , express or implied, is intended to be for the benefit of or enforceable by any third party.
• These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Guernsey.
• Any disputes arising pursuant to these Terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Guernsey.
• We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with us, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details on our Site.The parties shall use their best efforts to negotiate in good faith and settle any dispute that may arise out of or relate to these Terms or any breach thereof.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Last updated: 14 April 2022
1. About this policy
1.1 Together with our Website Terms and Conditions (Terms), [insert link], this Acceptable Use policy (Policy) governs how you may access and use this website and all associated web pages (Site).
1.2 You should read this Policy carefully before using the Site.
1.3 By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by this Policy, which supplements the Terms [insert link]. If you do not agree with or accept any part of this Policy, you should stop using the Site immediately.
1.4 If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us using the contact details provided in the Terms [insert link].
1.5 In this Policy:
‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Fidem Insurance Limited, company registration number 69284 and whose registered office is at Town Mills, Rue du Pré, GY1 6HS, Guernsey, and our group companies from time to time including; and ‘you’ or ‘your’ means the person accessing or using the Site or its content.
2. Acceptable use
We permit you to use the Site primarily for accessing information about us. Use of the Site in any other way, including any unacceptable use set out in this Policy, is not permitted.
3. Unacceptable use
3.1 As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree not to use the Site:
3.1.1 for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by this Policy or the Terms [insert link];
3.1.2 to commit any act of fraud;
3.1.3 to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
3.1.4 for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
3.1.5 to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
3.1.6 in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
3.1.7 in any manner that harms minors;
3.1.8 to promote any unlawful activity;
3.1.9 to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
3.1.10 to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks; or
3.1.11 to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods.
4. Bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive services
4.1 We may make bulletin boards, chat rooms or other communication services [insert details] (Interactive Services) available on the Site.
4.2 We are not obliged to monitor or moderate any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, information or material (Submission) submitted to our Interactive Services. Where we do monitor or moderate Submissions we shall indicate how this is performed and who should be contacted in relation to any Submission of concern to you.
4.3 We may remove or edit any Submission to any of our Interactive Services whether they are moderated or not.
4.4 Any Submission you make must comply with our Submission standards set out in clause 5 below.
4.5 By making a Submission, you grant to us a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the Submission (in whole or in part) on the Site, and on any other websites operated by us, indefinitely.
5. Submission standards
5.1 Any Submission you make to our Interactive Services and any other communication to users of our Site by you must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably.
5.2 In particular, any Submission or communication by you must be:
5.2.1 your own original work and lawfully submitted;
5.2.2 factually accurate or your own genuinely held belief;
5.2.3 provided with the necessary consent of any third party;
5.2.4 not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
5.2.5 not offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive; and
5.2.6 unlikely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to others.
6. Linking and framing
6.1 You may create a link to our Site from another website without our prior written consent provided no such link:
6.1.1 creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our Site;
6.1.2 implies that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the website on which you place a link to our Site;
6.1.3 displays any of the trade marks or logos used on our Site without our permission or that of the owner of such trade marks or logos; or
6.1.4 is placed on a website that itself breaches this Policy.
6.2 We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
7. Using our name
You may not use our trade marks, logos or trade names except in accordance with this Policy and the Terms
We shall apply the terms of this Policy in our absolute discretion. In the event of your breach of this Policy we may terminate or suspend your use of the Site, remove or edit Submissions, disclose Submissions or any other communication to users of our Site by you to law enforcement authorities or take any action we consider necessary to remedy the breach.
Fidem insurance Limited
Town Mills, Rue du Pré
GY1 6HS, Guernsey
Company No: 69284
Regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services commission with reference 2737611